Job Title: Graduate Database Administrator
- Salary: £neg
- Location: Surrey
- Date posted: 30/03/2012
- Date expires: 11/04/2012
- Degree Subject: IT or other relevant
- Degree Grade: 2:2
- UCAS Points: 180
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: IT
- Vacancy Reference: GB3179GDB
Our client is a leading supplier of global financial trading software. The company has offices in New York, London, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong with development centres located in each major region. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is globally renowned for its financial software products. Their applications are sold in all of the world's major financial centres to top-tier investment banks.
When combined with the implementation skills of more than 150 experienced specialists, the company's trading platform has become the natural choice for the majority of the world's top tier investment banks.
My client is looking to hire a graduate to work for them as a Database Administrator. This role is for an immediate start so we are unable to consider candidates who are still in their final year at university. You will be responsible for providing specialist support for multiple Sybase servers run as part of the clients' hosted environment. The role involves working closely with other internal employees and external customers in order to provide an effective and high quality technical support service.
- Computer Science or IT-related degree (2.2 or above) or equivalent.
- Good grounding in relational database systems, SQL knowledge and UNIX.
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely.
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with customers and internally.
- Calmness under pressure and ability to maintain good humour.
- Desire to learn both technical and business aspects of the equity trading markets, and the broad range of functions delivered across all aspects of the client's software.
- Available to work unsupervised one Saturday in every four to carry out routine maintenance tasks.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.