Job Title: Graduate Data Operations Analyst
- Salary: £neg
- Location: Surrey
- Date posted: 27/07/2011
- Date expires: 23/08/2011
- Degree Subject: Technical or Analytical
- Degree Grade: 2:2
- UCAS Points: Any
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: IT
- Vacancy Reference: GB3179IA
Our client is a leading supplier of global financial trading software. The company has offices in New York, London, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong with development centres located in each major region. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is globally renowned for its financial software products. Their applications are sold in all of the world's major financial centres to top-tier investment banks.
When combined with the implementation skills of more than 150 experienced specialists, the company's trading platform has become the natural choice for the majority of the world's top tier investment banks.
My client is looking to hire a recent graduate to work as a Data Operations Analyst. This role will be subject to a shift rota after a qualifying period, so interested candidates should have a flexible approach to their working hours.
Working within the client's Data Operations Team you will be based within the Support Department, and will be responsible for the support and maintenance of data within the client's systems. Amongst other things, the role holder will be tasked with dealing with user setup and permissioning. The successful applicant will be able to consistently apply a close attention to detail and understand the importance of providing accurate and prompt replies to the clients' customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and resolve reported issues
- Communicate updates effectively and promptly to the customer
- Log, prioritise and keep issues up to date on the issue tracking system
- Follow detailed procedures consistently and accurately
- Involvement in data system checks throughout the day with the aim of identifying and resolving issues before they impact customers
- Build up and maintain knowledge of the company's database structure and what the various types of data are used for from a business perspective
- Escalate issues to team leaders and management as appropriate
- Ability to demonstrate close attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to follow procedures accurately
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with customers and internally
- Calmness under pressure and ability to maintain good humour, particularly in the face of adversity
- An understanding of relational database systems, SQL or UNIX would be an advantage
- Desire to learn both technical and business aspects of the equity trading markets.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.