Job Title: Graduate Corporate Investigator with Italian or Spanish
- Salary: £20k
- Location: West Sussex
- Date posted: 29/09/2010
- Date expires: 05/10/2010
- Degree Subject: Law, IT, Languages or other relevant degrees
- Degree Grade: 2:2
- UCAS Points: 240
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Patent and Information Management, Law, Languages
- Vacancy Reference: LLM29282Invest3
My client specialises in investigations regarding trademarks, patents, counterfeiting and parallel trading. They have conducted major inquiries globally on behalf of their clients who are mainly law firms, trademark and patent agents and brand-owning companies from a range of industries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out intellectual property related investigations for clients, concerning the use of trade marks, patents, copyright and designs.
This includes conducting corporate investigations and writing detailed reports for clients. These investigations include matters relating to trade mark, patent and design rights to determine whether protected or patented trade marks, technology or designs have been deliberately copied.
An investigator uses a range of techniques to gather relevant information such as public record research, interviewing, reviewing corporate records and liaising with law enforcement agencies. They analyse the results of the investigation and consolidate the findings in reports which are scrutinised by clients and sometimes used as evidence in court.
- Writing business proposals to submit to clients which outline client needs, the investigative steps to be taken and proposed budgets and timelines
- Carrying out surveys and interviews using qualitative and quantitative research techniques and analysing results. This often includes interviewing the targets of investigations
- Carrying out surveys to gauge public reaction to certain brand issues. These are used by clients to assess competition for a product they intend to launch as well as to evaluate the marketplace to ensure the success of product launches
- Case management, including the deployment of suitable investigative techniques, the commissioning and supervision of contractors with specialist skills, management of budgets, liaison with clients to discuss the scope, cost, implementation and results of enquiries.
- Desirable degree disciplines include Law, Languages and IT but others would be considered
- The ability to write clearly and concisely, with English as a first language
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Good IT skills, with experience of online research using the Internet and other databases
- An extremely professional approach to dealing with clients and contractors
- A very confident telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Italian or Spanish
- Ambition, persistence and tenacity
- A willingness to travel within the UK but also potentially overseas, possibly at short notice.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.