Job Title: Graduate Commercial Management Trainee
- Salary: £23k
- Location: London
- Date posted: 09/08/2012
- Date expires: 13/09/2012
- Degree Subject: Any
- Degree Grade: 2:2
- UCAS Points: Any
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Sales, Management
- Vacancy Reference: SS8033PORT_m
Our client is Europe's leading provider of quality modular building systems. They offer an extensive range of modular and portable buildings ideal for creating everything needed to create a quality working environment including climate control systems, high quality furniture and access systems.
This Commercial Trainee Programme has been designed to develop your knowledge and prepare you for a management position within this company.
Roles are available all over the UK, locations include:
During the programme trainees will work through three distinct modules covering the key areas of the business:
Commercial Awareness - running a successful hire desk, includes generating enquiries through business development work, carrying out customer visits etc.
Project Coordination - managing and coordinating the installation of units on clients' sites ensuring that statutory regulations, safety and quality procedures are adhered to.
Service Management - managing the skilled and manual labourers in the yard and the refurbishment and fitting out of the units.
Why work for our client:
- Well established company
- An extensive 12-18 month training programme, quarterly reviews carried out by the General Manager and the Hire Trainer
- Competitive salary of £23k
- Opportunity for progression, following on from a successful training scheme there are opportunities to progress and move into preferred sectors
Candidates will need to have the following:
- Minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline
- A sandwich year work placement (or equivalent) or significant part time, weekend, or holiday work experience in a commercial setting, i.e. retail, sales etc
- Full UK driving licence
- Able to attend the assessment day on 10th-11th September 2012
- Able to start work in October 2012
Key qualities required are as follows:
- Persuasive - Likes to influence people and has considerable communication skills
- Customer focused - Good communication skills with the ability to build rapport with all individuals
- Independent minded - Has own ideas and isn't afraid to put them forward
- Team player - Able to work well and participate in a team with willingness to help others
- Confident - Feels comfortable when first meeting people and is at ease in group situations
- Adaptable - Is able to change behaviour to suit the situation
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.