Job Title: Graduate Branch Merchandiser
- Salary: £1718k
- Location: Buckinghamshire
- Date posted: 27/08/2010
- Date expires: 14/10/2010
- Degree Subject: Any degree considered
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 280
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Merchandising, Buying and Purchasing, Analytical, Retail
- Vacancy Reference: GC6566TBM
My client is the UK's largest specialist fragrance retailer with 150 stores nationwide. They sell perfume and related products and have over 1000 products to choose from.
Do you have a passion for retail? This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a branch merchandising team. You will be responsible for ensuring that products appear in the right store at the right time and in the right quantities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Allocating appropriate levels of stock to stores in line with the Buying and Merchandising strategy
- Produce lay out plans for stores
- Maintain minimum credible display stock levels
- Respond to all stock queries from stores
- Build relationships with Store Managers, Area Managers and Regional Managers
- Manage warehouse output appropriately at Christmas
- Update key price changes and communicate to stores
- Report on a weekly basis store stock levels, average selling price and average transaction value
- Allocate appropriate stock for new stores and re-sites
- Appropriately manage stock of discontinued products to minimise terminal stock
This roles involves working closely with the buying team to accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and monitor performance. While the buyer selects the lines, the merchandiser decides how much money should be spent, how many lines should be bought, and in what quantities.
- Excellent communication skills at a variety of levels
- Strong interest in brands and the retail sector
- Competent using Excel
- Ability to interpret numbers
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to the demands of the consumers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work using own initiative
Previous experience within an office would be advantageous.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.