Job Title: Graduate Assistant Buyer
- Salary: £21-23k
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Date posted: 02/08/2011
- Date expires: 18/08/2011
- Degree Subject: Any Business, Retail or Numerical degree
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 240
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Retail, Buying and Purchasing
- Vacancy Reference: JS11920BUY
With well over 200 UK stores, my client is one of the largest electrical goods retailers in the UK. Coupled with internet shopping and home delivery services, they employ several thousand staff and operate across Europe.
I'm seeking a motivated and energetic graduate who wishes to progress their career as a Retail Buyer. The successful graduate will have excellent business acumen, great communication skills and will be highly numerate. This is an exciting career.
You will be responsible for assisting the Senior Buyers in developing and sourcing products for their range.
- To assist the Senior Buyer in negotiating with suppliers.
- To monitor competitor activity.
- To be a key contact for the buying department for any queries.
- To monitor sales and margin performance for the buyers.
- To ensure that all promotions are kept up to date.
- To contribute towards building strong relationships with suppliers and other internal departments.
- 2:1 or above in Business, Retail or Numerical degree.
- Must have very strong communication skills.
- Must have the potential to develop negotiation skills.
- Highly numerate and possess analytical skills.
- Must have commercial awareness.
- Excellent time management.
- A team player.
- PC literate.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.