Job Title: Graduate Assistant Buyer
- Salary: £2124k
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Date posted: 05/11/2009
- Date expires: 18/11/2009
- Degree Subject: Any Business, Retail or Numerical degree
- Degree Grade: 2:1
- UCAS Points: 240
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Not required
- Job Category: Buying and Purchasing
- Vacancy Reference: GC11920BUY
With well over 200 UK stores, my client is one of the largest electrical goods retailers in the UK. Coupled with internet shopping and home delivery services, they employ several thousand staff and operate across Europe.
I'm seeking a motivated and energetic graduate who wishes to progress their career as a retail buyer. The successful graduate will have excellent business acumen, great communication skills and will be highly numerate. This is an exciting career.
The successful graduate will be responsible for assisting the Category Buyer in the management of buying; developing and ranging products and services that support the achievement of the category plan and meet company objectives. The job itself is centrally based, however, there may be some UK travel involved and flexibility will be essential.
- To monitor sales and margin performance, and interpret variances against budgets and forecasts for the buyer.
- To monitor competitor activity and communicate to the Category Buyer.
- To use customer, sales and market information to support the buyer in creating a product range that meets market needs, supports the customer proposition and achieves department goals.
- To ensure that all promotional finances are kept up to date.
- To contribute towards establishing, maintaining and building strong relationships with suppliers and other internal departments.
- To assist the Category Buyer in negotiating with suppliers.
- To manage the process for raising income from suppliers, monitoring it vs. targets and reconciling it with Finance.
- Must be a graduate with the drive and desire to pursue a career in a fast moving commercial environment.
- Must be highly numerate and possess excellent analytical skills.
- Must be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to solve problems at the source.
- Must have the potential to develop excellent negotiation skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have a confident personality and be comfortable in social situations.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and work within tight timescales.
- Must possess excellent organisation skills and good time management.
- Must be a team player and have an eye for detail.
- Must be PC literate with a good working knowledge of spreadsheets.
This job is now closed. Register now to hear when it becomes live again
Interested In Making Money Referring Friends To Us?
Here at the Graduate Recruitment Bureau you can search for some of the best graduate jobs in the UK and many abroad too. Our unique graduate career matchmaking service will ensure that you are finding out about the best opportunities which includes the hidden job market, where you can uncover graduate schemes that are not normally advertised to the public. Use our graduate job search to find jobs by industry and by region or a combination of the two. When you find a role that you are interested in, please make sure that first you have created a free account and uploaded a CV, and then click apply. Your application will be sent to one of our specialist consultants dealing with the role who will then be in touch via email or phone within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Make sure you get your search for graduate jobs off to a great start by using our job advice section. There you will find CV templates, cover letter templates, past interview questions, psychometric testing, guides on networking and much more.